Downhill (acoustic live) by Amy Kuney
For all of the girls who feel like they’re overdressed
Undersexed, starving for yeses or maybes
Tired of always being ignored
He might see the available chair
Beside me, the invitation is there
But I’m not the kind of scratch he’s itching for
This was on my inbox a few days ago.
"Once you get this write five nice things about yourself and then send this to ten of your favorite followers"
It’s embarrassing that I find this difficult. Sadly I can list 100 things I don’t like about myself without even flinching than this seemingly complicated arithmetical equation. But, I’ll try just because (I don’t really have much on my plate in terms of weblogging)
1. I’m not a complete idiot, I feel like an idiot most of the time. But I’ve learned and proved that if I put myself in the right zone, erudition goes slickly.
2. My moral compass is headed north. I’m not perfect. I’ve lied several times. Justified that some people needed those lies, all the while knowing that the sole purpose of that lie is to (surprise, surprise!) cover my own ass. However, I do tend to live a boring life, so it’s easier to stay out of trouble for the most part.
3. I never lose hope. It deflates and inflates, but it never ceases.
4. I appreciate the importance of my family as I get older. They will always be my only trusted allies, even if at times we’re dysfunctional.
5. I like my eyes as well as my bushy eyebrows that can’t be left untrimmed for too long or else a unibrow is bound to happen.
I’ll choose my own happiness over other people’s perception of maturity.
Happy Fictional Spinster
Truth is, I don’t know if I’m going to have kid/kids of my own, you know your off springs. It’s a funny word off springs. It’s quite early to raise the white flag and just give up, but hear me out I’m trying to be sensible here. I’m not the type who’ll randomly hook up and have myself impregnated by a total jackass. I really don’t get why that happens. I mean c’mon how much are condoms anyway?
I’m getting off tracked here. Being in my late 20’s and since some of my friends are a little older than I am, perhaps a little normal and luckier on the love department, I usually get invited on their children’s party. Whenever that happens I get a wake-up call on the sad truth about women’s limitations. Women having an expiration date, but I don’t really dwell on it. (right, this isn’t dwelling) The truth is, whenever one of my dogs get sick I get easily frenetic and on edge. I mean I can’t even imagine being a mom. I might go ballistic when my kid gets scratched, or when some mean kid gets on their nerve. It’s not far-fetched my grandmother is overly protective. In later life I thanked her for it. (she just called a seconds ago by the way)
I guess I’m good being that cool godmother or aunt (atleast, I wish they’ll think I am actually cool) I hope and pray that one of my siblings wouldn’t have the same fate, so that I can legitimately spoil my very own nieces and nephews.
For the meantime, Godmother/Auntie duties (while their mom, my bestfriend bathes)
So what if I don’t have,
A lot to talk about?
I shut my mouth and keep it,
Locked until it counts.
And what if I don’t ever want,
To leave my house?
Stay on the couch while
All my friends are going out.
I don’t want to drag you in this life but
pizza + youtube crime documentaries marathon in a weekend is such a perfect description of spinsterhood isn’t it? Haha Don’t worry I actually find it amusing.